Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar issuing authority has introduced various forms of Aadhaar from time to time for the convenience of residents-Aadhaar Letter, eAadhaar, mAadhaar, and the recent one is Aadhaar PVC (polyvinyl chloride) Card. Just like your debit or credit card, you can carry the Aadhaar PVC Card in your wallet. UIDAI allows residents of India to get their Aadhaar letter reprint on PVC card by paying nominal charges of Rs 50.
Aadhaar PVC Card security features
- Secure QR Code
- Micro text
- Ghost image
- Issue Date & Print Date
- Guilloche Pattern
- Embossed Aadhaar Logo
Aadhaar cardholders can users can use their Aadhaar Number/Virtual Identification Number/EID to order Aadhaar card online
How to order Aadhaar card online
- First, visit the UIDAI website.
- On UIDAI’s website home page, select ‘My Aadhaar’
- Under the Get Aadhaar section, select the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card‘ option
- On the new page, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number
- Next, enter the security code or captcha code
- In case, if your mobile number is not registered, then select the ‘My Mobile number is not registered’ option.
Residents who do not have registered mobile number can also order using non-registered or any alternate mobile number. One person can order Aadhaar PVC cards online for the whole family, using his or her mobile number. UIDAI in a recent tweet wrote, “You can use any mobile number to receive OTP for authentication, regardless of the registered mobile number in your Aadhaar. So, one person can order Aadhaar PVC cards online for the whole family. Follow the link https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint to order now.”
- After that, click on Send OTP; you will receive the code on the registered mobile number
- Enter the 6 digit OTP you received on your registered mobile number
- Next, check the terms and conditions and click Submit
- On the new screen, you need to select the payment option and pay the required amount.
- You will receive the new Aadhaar card by Speed Post within five working days
How to track the status?
- -The status of the Aadhaar PVC card can be tracked on www.uidai.gov.in under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab.
- Under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab, click on ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status’.
- On the new screen, you will be required to enter 28-digit SRN, 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- The status will be reflected after clicking on ‘Check Status’.