Lost your Voter ID or misplaced it? No need to worry now. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the digital voter ID card on National Voters’ Day (25 January). Now, you can keep your Voter ID on a mobile phone, like an Aadhaar card, PAN card or a Driving Licence (DL), and cast your vote without any hassles.
After the launch of the digital version of the voter card, waiting for your voter ID, after minor changes in the particulars like address and name, has become a thing of the past. The voters will not be denied exercising their franchise if their voter cards did not arrive in time by post. It means people voting in the upcoming assembly elections in Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal will have the option to cast their vote with a digital voter ID card.
“Launched the digital version of Voter Identity Card on the National Voters Day. Now voters can download a digital copy of the Voter ID card and carry it in digital form,” Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad tweeted.
e-EPIC is a portable document format (PDF) version of the EPIC which can be downloaded on mobile or in a self-printable form on the computer. A voter can thus store the card on his/her mobile, upload it on Digi locker or print it and self-laminate it. This is in addition to PCV EPIC being issued for fresh registration.
Who are eligible for e-EPIC
The e-EPIC initiative would be launched in two phases. In the first phase from January 25 to 31, all new voters who have applied for the voter-ID card and registered their mobile numbers will be able to download the e-EPIC. The second phase will start on February 1. It will be open for the general voters.
How e-EPIC will benefit citizens
- Alternate and faster mode of obtaining Electoral Photo Identity Card in a digital format
- Equally valid as a proof of document for voter identification
- Can be printed at the convenience of the voter and can bring it as proof during polling
- Self-service model
How to download e-EPIC
- Citizens can download e-EPIC from Voter Portal (https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/), NVSP (https://nvsp.in/)
- Voter Helplines for Mobile apps
Lost you EPIC? Don’t worry
Those who have lost or misplaced their voter ID and don’t know their Electors Photo Identity Card number (EPIC No.). There is no need to panic. They can search their names in the Electoral Roll from http://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
or http://electoralsearch.in/, note their EPIC number, and then download the e-EPIC.
Steps to download e-EPIC
- Register/Login on Voter portal
https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ or https://nvsp.in/
- Enter EPIC Number or Form Reference Number
- Verify the OTP sent on the registered mobile number
- Click on Download e-EPIC
- If Mobile number not registered in Eroll, click on e-KYC to complete the KYC
- Pass the Face liveness verification
- Update your mobile number to complete KYC
- Download e-EPIC