Do you know that driving licence renewal is possible now without the need of visiting the RTO? You can even apply for a learner’s licence sitting at home. You might be wondering how? But the gruelling process for not only renewal of DL and learner’s licence but a total of 18 RTO-related services have been made contactless. The government has launched an Aadhaar authentication based service for the citizens. In a notification, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) listed all 18 services that can be availed through Aadhaar authentication.
Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can be availed without going to the regional transport offices (RTO).
The use of Aadhaar as an identity document would bring in transparency and efficiency. It would also enable applicants to get their work done directly in a seamless manner.
The development has come after the transport ministry issued a draft notification for linking a driving licence with an Aadhaar card.
“This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well,” MoRTH said in a tweet.
Here are the 18 driving licence-related services for which a citizen is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication:
– Learner’s Licence
– Renewal of Driving Licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
– Duplicate Driving Licence
– Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
– Issue of International Driving Permit
– Surrender of Class of Vehicle from Licence
– Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicleApplication for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body
– Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
– Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
– Notice of Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
– Application for Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
– Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
– Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre
– Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
– Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of the motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
– Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
– Termination of hire-purchase agreement.