The Income Tax Department is all set to launch a new ITR filing portal on June 7. As per the I-T department, its new portal e-filing 2.0 will be more user and mobile friendly. “Income Tax Department will launch its new e-filing portal https://incometax.gov.in on 7th June’21. It will replace the existing portal of the Department https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in,” the tax department said in a tweet.
E-filing services will not be available from June 1 to 6
The Income Tax Department has informed that the e-filing services will not be available for six days that is from June 1 to June 6.
Here is all you need to know about the new income tax e-filing portal:
1) The new taxpayer-friendly portal shall be integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
2) All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer.
3) Free of cost ITR preparation software available offline and online with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimum data entry effort.
4) New call centre for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos etc.
5) All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on the mobile app which will be enabled subsequently for full access on the mobile network.
6) New online tax payment system on the new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options such as net banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT and other modes.
Features of e-filing 2.0
- User friendly and mobile friendly portal
- East step by step guidance with user manuals and videos
- Helpdesk support and chatbot
- Pre-filled forms and simplified ITR utility
- All new mobile app
- Secure and multiple options for login
- Multiple options for on-portal tax payments
The e-filing portal is used by the taxpayers to file their income tax returns (ITRs) and also to raise complaints seeking refunds.
New ITR filing deadlines
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the tax department has been extending several deadlines for filing returns for the year 2020-21 for individual taxpayers as well as businesses tax returns for 2020-21 for individuals .
Taxpayers can now file their tax returns by September 30. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has also extended the ITR filing deadline for companies to November 30.