Signal, the secure messaging app with a tagline ‘Say hello to privacy’ is surging in popularity. Not all apps can help in shifting group chats from WhatsApp or other apps to their platform.
Import WhatsApp chat to Signal: Follow these steps
1) Download and install the Signal app.
2) Set up your account using your mobile number.
3) Create a new group and assign it a name.
4) Add any one member manually to the group.
5) Go to Group Settings and turn on the ‘Group Link’.
6) Tap on ‘Share’ to get a shareable link for the group.
7) Share the invite link on the WhatsApp group you want to import.
8) The users on the WhatsApp group can follow the link to join the newly created Signal group.
Signal has been endorsed by personalities like Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, American whistleblower Edward Snowden, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma and PhonePe CEO Sameer Nigam.
WhatsApp further shared a list of information “NOT shared with Facebook”.
- WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp does keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
- WhatsApp cannot see your shared location and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
- WhatsApp groups remain private.
- You can set your messages to disappear.
- You can download your data.