The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has launched its online bus booking services. “To provide a holistic travel experience, IRCTC has now launched online bus booking services covering 22 states & 3 UTs. Users can now book buses with seat selection sitting in the comfort of their homes,” IRCTC said in a tweet.
“IRCTC under the leadership of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution is gradually moving towards firmly positioning itself as the first government ”One Stop Shop Travel Portal” of the country,” a statement issued by IRCTC read.
“In a recent development for providing a more holistic travel experience to the customers, IRCTC that is already in the business of online rail and flight tickets booking launched its online bus booking services that went live for the service of the nation on 29th January 2021,” the statement further read.
As per the IRCTC statement, the IRCTC has collaborated with more than 50,000 state road transport as well as private bus operators covering 22 states and three union territories for providing online bus booking services to the customers.
How to book bus tickets through IRCTC
- Visit http://bus.irctc.co.in.
- IRCTC login credentials can be used for booking the bus tickets.
- In case, you do not have IRCTC login, you can book through guest user login by providing required email ID and mobile no.
- Enter departure and arrival details.
- The travellers can also select seats and choose buses as per their preferences.
- Customers also can book all fleets of state road transport corporation buses including UPSRTC, APSRTC, GSRTC, OSRTC, Kerala RTC, etc.
- Customers can book tickets for a maximum of six passengers in one transaction.
- It is mandatory to carry one government ID card having the same name on the ticket.
Advantages of online bus ticket booking
- Online bus ticket booking keeps you away from the long queues of the offline ticket counters.
- You can view plenty of buses and choose an appropriate bus for your travel considering the amenities, reviews, ratings and bus images available.
- You can choose the preferred bus type (Volvo Bus, AC or Non AC) and also pickup and dropping point and timings.
- Your tickets can be booked at a reasonable price with multiple payment options.
Cancellations can only be done online for online bookings through www.bus.irctc.co.in. You cannot modify or change dates. In such cases booking needs to be cancelled and to be rebooked. Cancellation charges as per policy shall levy.
The new initiative of IRCTC will enable the last mile connectivity to the travellers already using the services of IRCTC for train and flight tickets booking.